Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 10 - Unfair Reality


As Satone tries to come to terms with her feelings, she finds herself more and more lost. Yuuta keeps playing the cards she doesn't want to see which only stirs her heart even more.

|Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 10|


|Review|

Satone...let me just say she is now my favorite girl of the show, and this episode only broke my heart. I loved how she tried to fight off her feelings, but as we all know reality isn't fair enough where you can simply let go like that. Just as she felt she won her battle, Yuuta surprises her with another act of kindness. Obviously he means no harm, but for her, it meant everything. After telling her how things with Rikka are and what they've done, this is more or less a critical hit and resulted in Satone crying and running away leaving Yuuta stuck and confused.

Now, will Yuuta remain dense? Will he realize that Satone has been in love with him ever since middle school? How will Satone deal with this?

I have a feeling that this secret won't stay hidden too long (is it even a secret when Deko, Kumin and Mori-Summer know about it?) and I assume Rikka will find out and Yuuta will be the last. This whole episode was about Satone's struggle with this harsh reality, and I felt as though it served its purpose well. My heart was being torn out watching her suffer like this, since this is an incredibly relatable situation both for myself and for others. I can't wait to see how things unfold next episode.

Also, anyone else get the slight vibe that Nibutani may be hiding something too? The way she's looking out for Satone with this one-sided love affair and the way Yuuta brought up her name when they were under that shrine in that situation makes me think that they're trying to hint at something between Yuuta and Nibutani. Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but I think that'd be a nice twist but would also lead to nowhere.


-Tadashi

0 comments:

Post a Comment