Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Final - Happy End!


And we've finally arrived at the last episode of Chuunibyou. Let's begin!

|Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12|


|Revew|

It's finally over. I'm going to keep this short and sweet. If you were watching this show for the characters and their cute interactions, then this should have been an easy 8 or 9 out of 10. However if you weren't, and you wanted to see actual progression and developments, then this would score a bit lower. You may even write this off as never happening (I know some people are already denying the existence of a S2 xD). For me, I was in between. I definitely wanted to see more progression but I also loved to see all the crazy interactions between everyone.

The ending itself really really felt like Satone just got tossed to the side. Her battle with the Dark Flame Dragon supposedly fixed everything and she didn't even bat an eye during the whole Yuuta and Rikka ordeal. In reality, I wouldn't even be able to stand there. My heart would be crushed. Her heart should be crushed.

And of course, we got nothing. The kiss didn't happen (KyoAni is evil in this regard) and essentially, from season 1 all the way through season 2, the farthest they got was a kiss on the cheek. Some relationships are like that, but they are pretty rare. We've basically right back where we started. But it was to be expected from KyoAni haha.

Visuals were great as usual. KyoAni doesn't fail when it comes to that regard. Stunning, magical, breathtaking, and full of emotion is how I'd describe most of their visuals.

The audio was more or less the same. Nothing too great, but nothing too bad. I have a few of the OSTs downloaded :P

The story was pretty bad. Nothing happened for the first chunk of episodes, and when they finally got around to the 'rival' it was concluded terribly. It should have added more tension to their relationship thus pushing it along further, but it didn't really do that. There were moments, but nothing significant. I was pretty disappointed story-wise with how S2 played out. It was really like a rehash of S1, but with Satone in the mix that never really got to play the rival part.

The characters were the bright spot of the show. All of them. Dekomori and Nibutani has officially become my OTP. The way they are always arguing, but care deeply for each other is so heartwarming. The best were the times when they basically admitted they care for each other. Dekomori wasn't as present as she was in the first season, but provided the same comic relief and even stepping in to the serious moments. She is such a lovable character!

Nibutani was just outstanding this season. She really cares for everyone and plays that role in order to help every one out. She may seem like she was annoyed, but it's pretty obvious how caring she is. Probably my favorite character this season from the original crew. She's gorgeous too!

Kumin is just something else. She just happened to know exactly what to say and when to say it. Her words were full of wisdom no matter the situation. It pushed our characters to do and accept things according to the situation. It's just that...she told the worst jokes LOL.

Isshiki was...wait who's that? Well, I wish him happiness hehe.

Rikka and Yuuta were the same for me. Rikka did become more conscience about their relationship, and even tried to act on it. She didn't understand what to do because of her chuunibyou, but managed something in the end. Yuuta was too much on the sideline. He was all "if that's what she wants" but as a man, you need to help your girl out! Lead her especially when you know what's wrong!

Last but not least, there was Satone. Probably one of the greatest characters in this show. I absolutely loved her. She managed to win me over in the end. I definitely preferred her over Rikka but it's a shame she stood no real chance. Her story was SO relatable that it broke my heart just watching her throughout the show. I definitely felt like she got shafted at the end but hey, what can you do right? I really want a spinoff of her and Yuuta<3 Heck, even Dekomori and Nibutani!

Overall as a whole, it was enjoyable, much like the first season. I wanted more progression with their relationship but it was obviously too much to ask. Kissing on the cheek is as far as KyaAni can go. A 3rd novel is soon to be released which gives us slight hope for a third season. But if it's going to be like this, I'd rather it just focus on the characters and the lighthearted moments.

Visuals: 8/10
Audio: 7/10
Story: 5/10
Characters: 9/10
Enjoyment: 7.5/10

Overall: 7.3/10


Thanks for sticking with me on this chuunibyou ride! See you guys next season!



-Tadashi

0 comments:

Post a Comment