Sunday, April 07, 2013

Date a Live Episode 1 - Kotori, Can I Have You?

YO guys. It's Tadashi here and I'll be talking about the first episode of Date a Live. This is probably the anime I've been anticipating the most. I read the light novels and man were they great. That's why I'm so excited for the anime!

For the most part, they really set this show up excellently. I loved everything they did from the animation to the characters. They did leave out a bit from the light novels but nothing really important. And everything was really how I imagined it.

Wake up call of the year?
T-t-t-too cute..
Kotori is just tooooooooo cute. Her VA is perfect for her and did I mention she is cute? Shidou is one lucky guy. It's even funnier when she switches over to "serious commander" mode and completely treats Shidou like a dog. Trust me guys, it gets funnier.



So as you can see, this is where Shidou first encounters the spirit and main heroine, Tohka. She's a beautiful girl whose eyes are filled with loneliness as noted by Shidou. She's being hunted by the AST as they want to kill her. Her VA is also one of my favorites (Kana from Minami-ke, Yozora from Haganai).

The fight scene between Origami and Tohka was quite impressive and it only leaves more epic fight scenes in the future. It was pretty well done although it was short. Next episode we should get a good fight.

Tobiichi Origami, another beauty
Origami is really quiet but she has a lot of fight in her. We also find out she's part of a special forces called AST who fight and kill these spirits. But really, she's a nice girl.

Overall, I really enjoyed the first episode. Everything was exactly how I imagined it and I finally got to see my Kotori animated with a beautiful VA. I just can't wait until the other characters are introduced. The upcoming fight scene should be epic and I hope they don't screw it up.

-Tadashi

0 comments:

Post a Comment