Sunday, April 21, 2013

Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 - Atta Boy Eren!

Yo guys! Tadashi here and today I'll be talking about the 3rd episode of Shingeki no Kyojin which brings us through the process of Eren becoming a soldier.

The guy in charge of the training is a very loud and annoying guy who believes crushing who you were then building you into a soldier ground up is the way to go. I found him to be mean, but it's reality and if people can't focus and do things properly or take things seriously, they're going to end up as food for the titans.
The potato girl in particular caught my eye. She seems like she's going to play an important role in the future so I can't wait to see more of her.

"I-i-i-it's not what you think!"

Above is what basically makes you a solder. It's either you pass or you get sent away. Mikasa easily masters this contraption and shows almost no effort in doing so. Eren on the other hand can't do it. He fails miserably and it's a huge hit on his confidence. How can eliminate all the titans if he can't even balance on the most basic machine used to fight?

"I believe in you"
I thought it was really nice that these two guys managed to realize Eren's resolve. Hopefully these guys don't turn into douchebags...I'm really hoping they don't lol.

As for the relationship between Mikasa and Eren: I heard that in the manga, it's more of a sister-brother relationship where she wants to protect him but in the anime, it seems it's more of a romantic relationship developing (which I'm totally for btw) and there's a scene where she says that she'll follow him even if he doesn't make it and gets sent down.

Anyways, in the end, Eren's belt was actually faulty which is the reason why he couldn't balance properly. Yet, even with faulty equipment, he managed to stay balanced for a couple seconds and when people realized this, they were stunned. At least he made it as a soldier.
One thing that was also interesting was that the instructor said

"Grisha, your son has become a soldier today"

So he knew his father?! What does that mean? His father was some kind of scientist if I remember correctly so there's probably a big secret there having to do with the key as well. I'm really interested in finding out.


We got another great episode that finishes off Eren and co's training. In the ending scene, it shows them all flying through the air with the new machines (I forget what they're called) and it looks smooth and the animation is perfect. I'm really looking forward to the fights coming up. I believe they're going to be really epic.

Now for some Mikasa<3


Yes, I'll take one of her :)

See you guys next episode!

-Tadashi

0 comments:

Post a Comment