Sunday, April 07, 2013

Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 - Possible Anime of the Year?!

Yo guys! Tadashi here and I'm going to be talking about the first episode of Shingeki no Kyojin that truly delivered and a strong start and was incredibly epic.

As far as first episodes go, there haven't been a lot lately that has gotten me super  hooked but this one definitely did. The amount of tension, especially towards the end, was crazy and it kept me on the edge of my seat. I almost teared up at certain parts too.

Humans are stuck inside a 3-layered wall to protect them from these beings known as Titans. They are huge human-like creatures with no skin and a creepy smile.



They are monstrous and rule the world outside of the walls. The humans have a group called Recon Corps which go out into the outside world and try and gather info and fight the Titans.

The heroic-less heroes
The above picture shows a scene where the Recon Corps come back from a mission they failed and their leader admits to gaining no knowledge the whole time and how his soldiers have died left and right because of him.

No one is safe forever, right? That's what happened to this city. The walls that have kept them safe for 100 years were finally broken by gigantic Titans who were taller than 50 meters. For the first time, the city was under attack and everyone was in panic.

Eren and Mikasa had to witness something horrific.


Imagine those words from your mom trapped under debris. She's telling you to leave her behind to die while you escape. Could you do it? Would you do it? That was the choice Eren and Mikasa had. The gruesome death she suffered was brutal and I don't know how Eren and Mikasa could withstand watching that.


Watching his mom die like this only pushed him to the edge of swearing vengeance no matter what and that is where the main story kicks in. I'm guessing he and Mikasa end up joining the Recon Corps or a group similar to it later on unless Mikasa dies next episode (I don't see that happening though but you never know).

Overall, this episode was epic and I highly recommend you guys watch this. It has the potential to be anime of the year in my opinion. Great episode with good action, drama, and gruesomeness. Looking forward to covering this show weekly!

-Tadashi

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yeah. Episode 2 is going to be sick this week. Good review brah. Everyone should check out Shingeki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I hope this wasn't just a one time thing. I have a feeling it'll keep it up though. SO much potential!

      And thanks dude!

      Delete